Men’s how to Guide: Tips on How to Buy Lingerie for women.
We're so glad you've chosen lingerie as your next special gift for your wife, fiancé or girlfriend. Women love beautiful lingerie for one simple reason: it makes them feel more beautiful. So we're here to help you shop for that very special woman in your life. We'll help you find just the right gift to make her feel special and reward you for your effort.
Know Her Size
Selecting the right size is very important, and you'll need to spend a little time investigating what the right size is. Our Size Chart may help you on how to obtain her measurements. If it's to be a surprise, there are a few tricks you can you employ to get her correct sizes.
The best way to get her correct sizes is to look in her drawer or closet and get the sizes from items that she currently wears. Remember, many women, including myself keep many different sizes in their closet. There may be items that are too small, but she is working on getting into them; items that are too large, but she fears that she may need them again; and then there are those items that just don't fit the way she wants them to fit.
Hints and Things too avoid...
• Remember women put emotions with every little detail in life. Unless you are very open about it, don't buy her breast enhancers or products that may tell her solution products that you don't think that part of her body. Unless you are in a relationship with someone that tells you that she really would like that and is confident if you purchase it for her. I would be ok with my husband to buy me a corset, but I would not like him to buy me a buttocks lifting girdle. The corset is sexy, but the buttocks lifting girdle will make me feel that he thinks my butt is too flat or saggy.
• Don't ever buy her colors that she hates or clashes with her skin tone or hair color. See the best color choices below for help with this problem.
• You will never want the gift to be too small or too large. So remember size is very important and you should always consider one size fits all if you are just not sure. Remember there may be a one size fits all in Misses sizes and a one size fits all in Plus sizes. She is considered Plus size if you know she shops at plus size stores or in the "Women" sizes department. Normally plus size is a size greater than 14 or X-large. Remember her size does not have anything to do with her actual confidence level, so you should never say you want buy sexy things for her if she is plus size. I know women that wear size 24 (3X) that knows their body is beautiful and would wear the skimpiest items. Then I know women that wear size 6 (Small) and would never wear something that shows off their body.
• If you want to buy a sexy bra, always try to get the matching panty. Not only does it complete the look, it's the prefect eye-candy for you.
Remember the Person that you are buying for…
We applaud you for wanting to buy something for that special woman in your life that's going to make her look and feel more beautiful, but remember that she's the one who's going to wear it! Proper size and comfort are very important, but just as important is finding the right style to match her personality. Finding that perfect balance between what she wants and what you'd like to see her in can often be tricky, especially with intimate apparel, but that's why we're here to help. Check out these pointers from Andrew Wilson's book "Handbook of Lingerie: A Man's Guide to Choosing Lingerie for the Woman in His Life". And once you've gotten a taste of all the styles we have to offer, with a little help in the right direction, you're certain to find that special something that both of you can enjoy.
• "Your best source of reliable information regarding the styles that a woman would like is the woman herself. Has she dropped any hints? Ask her if she would like any particular items of lingerie."
• "Most women want lingerie in designs which provide tasteful coverage while leaving some things to the imagination."
• "Concentrate on luxurious fabrics and elegant designs in her favorite colors...it should be apparent that your selection was made with her tastes in mind. Lingerie which she feels comfortable and attractive wearing will see lots of use."
Another consideration is matching the color of the lingerie to her complexion, eyes, and hair. This may seem like a no-brainer, but you'd be amazed how many men mess this up. As you browse through our selection, keep an eye on how the item colors work with the different models' complexion and hair color. Different colors work better with particular skin tones, and it's never an exact science, but you should be able to get a fairly close idea of how it will look on your lady. Blondes may look better in Black and shades of blues. Redheads look great in greens and pastels, such as pinks and corals. Brunettes may look great in neutral colors, such as blacks, browns and reds.
Also, take a peek at your spouse's or girlfriend's wardrobe as a hint to what colors to match and compliment, as well as what colors to stay away from. If she loves white, your job's easy. If she wears soft tones in peaches and cream, you're also on the right track. But if you don't see any hot pink in her closet, it's probably a wise decision to stay away from it in a teddy or chemise, no matter how much you may like it yourself! Remember, she's the one who has to wear it, and unless it suits her style and personality, it'll end up at the bottom of her drawer and you'll never see it again.
One last thing: When in doubt, go Basic Black. Black will look great on just about anybody. This is true not just in lingerie but in all levels of fashion. It's been true for centuries, and will remain true for centuries more. Why? Who cares! It's always nice having a back-up plan that looks fabulous.
When will she be wearing your gift?
• At night, for you? Then select sensual items that are tasteful, but very stylish. Women love attention to details, such as lace, quality fabrics and softness. Women love items that feel good, so go for styles that are good to touch and colors are rich.
• Under her dress? Then select a sexy bra and panty set or a full body suit that provides what dresses requires. If it's low back, then get a low back bodysuit. If it's strapless, then make sure the item you purchase is strapless too. You can always email us with specific questions.
• Will she be traveling? If you are taking her away or if it's for a special night outside, try to get items that wrinkle little and are easier to pack. Chemises and baby dolls are great for trips.
Attention to details
Be sure to offer her the gift wrapped in a beautiful package. This will make her perfect gift seem even better.
Shop online together... Show her the site, have the items you like already saved in a wish list... Let her select from those items.